In light of the public health emergency in New York State, and as part of the ongoing efforts to reduce courtroom traffic to combat the spread of COVID-19, please be advised of the operational protocols for the Appellate Division, Fourth Department as set forth below. Beginning March 17, 2020, the Court will entertain only emergency matters. Court staffing will be significantly reduced.
- All matters calendared for the March/April 2020 term will be considered on submission only, without oral argument.
- All matters currently scheduled for the May 2020 term are adjourned and will be re-calendared for a later term.
- If you have a matter scheduled for the March/April 2020 term or the May 2020 term that you deem urgent, you must notify the Court in writing, on notice to all parties, to request that the Court consider your matter on an expedited basis. Said notification should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must indicate the urgent nature of the request. Such notification must be made not later than April 9, 2020.
- The Court will entertain only emergency applications brought by order to show cause. Such emergency applications shall be filed by sending them via email to email@example.com.
- If you have a pending motion which you deem to be urgent, you must notify the Court, in writing, on notice to all parties, to request that your motion be treated as urgent. Said notification should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPL 245.70 applications shall be made via email to: email@example.com.
- As to extensions of time to perfect or file, please note that the Court has issued an order indefinitely suspending all non-statutory deadlines for perfection and filing.
For additional information, please contact the Clerk's office at 585-530-3100.
More Like These:
About the Court
The Supreme Court of the Appellate Division, Fourth Judicial Department hears appeals from the state's trial courts located in the 22 Central
and Western New York counties assigned to the Fifth, Seventh, and Eighth Judicial Districts. More »
M. Dolores Denman Courthouse
Dedicated on January 22, 1999, the courthouse is located in the East End community in downtown Rochester, New York. More »
Get News Alerts
Follow the Court on Twitter @NYAPPDIV4 for timely alerts
on decisions, arguments and other news.